Are you interested in a hands-on career dealing with improving society’s health? This video describes the job description and a day in the life of a Pharmacist, this may be the job for you:
Here are some great lessons from the video:
- Pharmacists typically work in drug stores, but hospitals and community clinics employ them, too.
- Typical duties are to count and compound medication. Pharmacists are expected to understand the medical ingredients and how they interact.
- This position requires high attention to detail. You will have to describe how a prescriptions should be taken and its side effects.
- To study as a pharmacist, you must pass the pharmacy college admission test. Then you must earn a doctor of pharmacy degree and become licensed by the state.
- As your career progresses, you can move into administration, teaching, or conduct research to develop new drugs.
- Whatever your role, the goal is to help people get the drugs they need to get well or stay healthy.
If you’d like a highly involved career that will help keep others healthy, look no further. To learn more, visit the Pharmacist Job Description section of our site.